American University Merit Award
American University (AU) is committed to providng academic quality and excellence, ahand-on learing, and to creating an envirnoment that
welcomes students from around the world who wish to make a difference. AU offer a limited number of partial merit scholarships to academically
qualified international freshman (first-year) students. Talented international master's and doctoral students may qualify for Graduate Merit
Awards or stipends through their departments. Applicants should check directly with departments for further information.
Levels of Study:Undergraduate
Field of Study:All
Location of study:American University, Washington, DC
Number of Awards:
Up to 4 years
- Must have outstanding academic credentilas and proof of a rigorous seconday school curriculum.
- Must submit a completed application essay, two letters of recommendation and your CV/resume.
- Completed Certification of Finances form (see website), bank letter showing a minimum of $53,615 and $60.00 application fee.
- Undergraduate applicants must have offical minimum scores on one of the following: TOEFL 550 PBT / 80 IBT; IELTS composite score of 6.5;
PTE 53; SAT I Critical Reading scores of 530 or higher; ACT (with Writing Test) scores with an English sub-score of 23.
- TOEFL is not required of students attending secondary schools outside the U.S. for at least three years (grades 10, 11 and 12),
where English is the only medium of instruction. A telephone interview may be recommended instead. The SAT is not required for any
student graduating secondary school outside the United States.
- Award Deadline:January 15 (fall semester only: no scholarship for mid-year admissions)
- Instructions: Apply for admission online or contact to request application materials. Visit our website at for more information.