Buena Vista University
Our office serves to enhance international student learning experiences and outcomes. With the support of numerous faculty, staff and students,
the Office of Multicultural Engagement (OME) provides a variety of services to international students attending BVU in an effort to enhance the
international student learning experiences and outcomes. Services provided include visa and travel advising and information, admission and
enrollment information; immigration advising; orientation to our campus and the community of Storm Lake; and assisting students with the transition
to college life as well as life in the U.S.
Levels of Study:
Field of Study:
Location of study:
Buena Vista University, Storm Lake, IA
Buena Vista University International Student Grant
Number of Awards:
Varies each year
Up to 4 years
- At Buena Vista University, financial assistance for international students is based on academic credentials at the time of
acceptance, no additional application is necessary. International Student Grants typically range from $2,500 - $15,000 per year.
- Student must have the equivalent of a 2.0 grade point average (4.0 scale)
For more information on how to apply, please visit the website.
Buena Vista University International Student Outstanding Achievement
This award is offered in recognition of exceptional academic and the student's involvement in campus life and cultural exchange.
Number of Awards:
One award per year
- Must have completed two consecutive semesters of study at BVU with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills. (Some possible areas where students may demonstrate leadership are: Academic Assistants,
Student Organizations, Residence Life, and Community Service).
- Must show how they have furthered the mission and goals of the university through their participation in academic and co-curricular
- Must be in good standing as an F-1 student, and as a member ofthe BVU Campus Community.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Applications are available in the Office of International Student Services. In addition to the application form,
the student must submit a copy of their BVU transcript (unoffical copy is acceptable); a recommendation from faculty or staff; a personal
essay supporting his/her candidacy for the scholarship.